This sweet dessert is perfect for an after dinner treat.
- 2 ripe pears
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 star anise, halved
- splash of dessert wine
- 20 millilitres single cream
- Set the water bath to 48˚C.
- Peel the pears and place them into two food pouches.
- Scrape the vanilla seeds from the pod and spread them onto the flesh of the pears
- Add the dessert wine to the bags.
- Poach the pears in the water bath for 40 minutes. Use the immersion grid to keep the pears under the water at all times.
- Serve with a drizzle with of single cream and dress the plate with the vanilla pod.