Sweet potatoes…who doesn’t love them? They’re the superfood of the decade! Now, we have a delicious sweet potato mash to go with almost everything…it’s a must try!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Total Time: 1h 50m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Vegetables
- 4 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 50 grams unsalted butter
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 90°C
- Place the chopped sweet potatoes into 4 food safe pouches along with 10g of butter in each bag add a a sprig of thyme too and then seal them using the vacuum sealer.
- Once the water bath is up to temperature, pop them into the water bath and leave to cook for an 1 hour 30 minutes. In the meantime you could prep the rest of your meal!
- Take the cooked sweet potato out of the pouches and place into a large bowl. Take out the thyme. You can either use a ricer or a masher to make your mashed sweet potato. When mashed, add in the rest of the butter and the salt and pepper.