Venison. A lean meat which is packed full of vitamins and minerals, this dark meat is only available for a short period each year; however tastes absolutely fantastic when cooked sous vide! We recommend serving with garlicky roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 1h 30m
- Serves: 2 People
- Category: Game
- 2 venison steaks (170g - 200g)
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Clifton at Home water bath to 50˚C.
- Place each venison steak into a vacuum pouch. Vacuum the bags using the table top vacuum sealer.
- Place the pouches into the water bath and leave to cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Using the immersion grid will ensure the pouches are fully submerged under water during the cooking process.
- Just before the venison is due to come out of the water bath; pop the butter into a pan and place over a medium heat.
- When the venison steak is cooked, remove from the pouch and place into the pan to add colour to the meat. However, be careful not to continue the cooking process.
- Add the black pepper and salt to season.
- When adding sides, we’d recommend a potato dish such as roasties or mash and some seasonal vegetables with a red wine jus.
Chill & Save For Later
- Place the pouch in an ice water bath to bring down to below 3˚C in less than 90 minutes. Keep refrigerated for up to two days.
- To regenerate from cold, heat the water bath to 50˚C and place the pouches in the bath for 25 minutes (still in the vacuum pouch.) Repeat the final steps of the recipe by finishing in a pan to brown the edges of the steak. Add the black pepper and salt to season.