Perfect for those cold days! Both fruits have been caramelised in their own juices; then mixed together to create an abundance of fruity flavours. We recommend serving with custard, because let’s face it; you can’t go wrong with crumble and custard!
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 1h 50m
- Total Time: 2h 15m
- Serves: 6 people
- Category: Fruit
- 30 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams unsalted butter
- 125 grams plain flour
- 2 large cooking apples
- 30 grams caster sugar
- 200 grams fresh strawberries
- Set the water bath to 80°C.
- Place the strawberries into a vacuum sealer bag (you may need two) and seal using the Clifton at Home tabletop vacuum sealer.
- Repeat this with the apples. Add the brown sugar to the apples before sealing using the tabletop vacuum sealer.
- Place the apples into the water bath and leave to cook for 70 minutes.
- Make the crumble topping by placing the flour and butter in a large mixing bowl and rub together to form what looks like breadcrumbs. After this add the sugar and stir in. Leave this to one side.
- Add the strawberry pouch into the water bath along with the apples and set the bath for a further 20 minutes. Ensure to use the Clifton at Home immersion grid so that the food items do not float.
- Set the oven to 200°C.
- When the fruit has finished cooking; take them out of the water bath and pouch and place into a crumble dish. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the fruit and place in the oven for 20 minutes, or until the crumble is golden brown.
- Once the crumble has cooked, leave to cool before serving with piping hot custard or ice cold ice cream!