The best part of any Sunday Lunch (unless it’s Christmas Day because pigs in blankets is the clear winner) and they also make a really good side dish. Tried steak in pepper sauce with roast potatoes instead of chips?! (It’s really good!) Give them a try!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 2h 15m
- Total Time: 2h 30m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Vegetables
- 4 large baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 40 grams unsalted butter
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 90°C
- Place the chopped potatoes into 4 food safe pouches along with 10g of butter in each bag (one bag per portion). Add a sprig of rosemary and seal them using the vacuum sealer.
- Once the water bath is up to temperature, pop them into the water bath and leave to cook for 90 minutes. In the meantime you could prep the rest of your meal.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C
- When the potatoes have been cooked, put in an oven proof tin or tray and place in the oven to crispy for 30 minutes or longer if required. Salt and pepper the potatoes to taste!
- Once cooked - serve with your favourite meal!
- To make sous vide mashed potato, when the potatoes come out of the water bath, put tem through a ricer or mash them. Don't forget to add more butter (about 40g) or some cream (100ml) to make it even tastier! Don't forget to add some salt and pepper too!