A delicious winter dessert…and it’s suitable for vegans!
- 2 fairly ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- handful of fresh raspberries
- Set the water bath to 48°C.
- Peel the pears and place them into one large vacuum bag.
- Add the sugar and raspberries.
- Vacuum seal the bag - this will cause the respberries to crush, but it's the juice that is needed.
- Poach in the water bath for 40 minutes
- To serve, drain the raspberry juice, disguarding the flesh and seeds.
- Pour the juice over the pear.
- Serve either hot or cold.
- To reserve, place the pouch in ice water until cold and keep in the firdge for up to three days.