No matter what the occasion, pulled pork always goes down a treat and is always on the menu! Our recipe is versatile you can have it with a summer salad, crispy chips or on a jacket potato. We’ve got brioche buns, homemade potato wedges and salad with ours!
- Prep Time: 45m
- Cook Time: 24h
- Total Time: 24h 45m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Pork
- 1 kilogram pork shoulder
- Lashing of BBQ sauce
- 8 brioche buns
- 4 large baking potatoes, chopped into thin wedge shapes
- Drizzle rapeseed oil
- Your favourite salad recipe
- Salt and pepper
- The night before serving, set your Clifton at Home water bath to 70˚C.
- In a food safety pouch, vacuum pack the meat using a vacuum sealer and place it gently in the water bath. Ensure to use the immersion grid so that the meat does not float.
- Leave to cook overnight. The water bath is perfectly safe to be left on overnight and uses minimal power.
- 1 hour before the pork will be ready to take out of the bath, pre-heat the oven to gas mark 7 (200˚C fan) and place the potatoes wedges on a baking tray and drizzle the rapeseed oil over the top of them and sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top. Leave them to cook for about 45 minutes or until crisp.
- Prepare your favourite salad.
- Once the pork has been cooked, take out of the vacuum bag and either place in an ovenproof dish and pull apart using two forks and pour the BBQ sauce all over the meat.
- Leave to crisp up in the oven or on the barbeque for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Take the wedges out of the oven.
- Start building your pulled pork buns & serve!