Egg on toast is the perfect way to start or finish the day. Warm, rich and gooey, sous vide poached eggs can be cooked in their shells to the ideal temperature, then cracked directly onto buttery slices of toast. Our perfect temperature for sous vide eggs is 63.5˚C, but you can alter the temperature for your ideal firmness.
- Cook Time: 1h
- Serves: 1
- Category: Egg
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices of bread
- Butter for the toast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 63.5˚C for a firm poached egg. You can experiment with cooking times for a firmer or gooier egg
- Once the water bath is up to temperature, set the eggs down gently in the water bath so as not to break to shells. You can as many eggs in the sous vide cooker as comfortably fit lying down on the bottom shelf
- Set the timer for an hour and leave the eggs to cook through
- After the timer beeps, make and butter the toast
- Remove the eggs from the bath using a slotted spoon and leave to cool for a minute before cracking straight onto the toast. For a firmer white, try cooling in cold water before cracking open
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve!