There is nothing better than relaxing on a Sunday morning and having some delicious poached eggs on some lightly toasted bread. With sous vide; everybody can have their perfect egg! If you’re cooking brunch, why not add some asparagus to the dish!
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 55m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Egg
- 4 Free range medium eggs
- 16 Asparagus spears
- Parmesan shavings
- Rochet or micro leaves
- Seas salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 90˚C
- Prepare the asparagus by trimming to equal length and place in a vacuum pouch, lying each spear side by side.
- Place in the water bath for 9 minutes. Use the immersion grid to ensure that the vegetables don’t float.
- Take the asparagus out of the bath and drop the temperature to 65˚C.
- Chill the asparagus by running under cold water and then store in fridge until ready to eat.
- Once the water bath has reached the desired temperature, gently place the eggs in the bottom of the bath and leave to cook for 45 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the eggs are due to come out, place the asparagus in the bath to heat through.
- Toast your bread and once everything is cooked, place the asparagus over the bread and carefully crack the egg over the dish.
- Dress with rocket or micro leaves, parmesan shavings and season with the salt and pepper to taste.