Healthier than a takeaway, this zingy chicken stir fry takes just minutes to prepare from fresh. Perfect for one, this dish can easily be scaled up to feed dozens of hungry guests! Serve with flash-fried noodles and crunchy veg for an authentic oriental experience.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Chicken
- 4 skinless chicken fillets
- 4 bags of mixed vegetable stir fry (depending on portion size)
- 4 dried or fresh noodle nests (depending on portion size)
- 4 tablespoons of Chinese five spice
- Fresh coriander to dress
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Set water bath to 65°C.
- Cover each chicken fillet evenly with Chinese five spice.
- Place each chicken portion into separate vacuum pouches.
- Vacuum each pouch and place in water bath for 40 minutes.
- Keep checking the water bath to make sure the pouch is immersed under water and not floating. Using the Clifton at Home immersion grid will ensure this.
- If serving chicken immediately, after 30 minutes of cooking time, cook the mixed vegetable stir fry in a hot pan and the noodles according to their packet instructions.
- After 40 minutes, remove the chicken breasts from the pouch and, if desired, sear in a pan to give the fillets a golden colour. Be careful not to leave for long, so as not to continue the cooking process.
- Slice up the chicken breast and serve on a bed of noodles and veg.
Chill & save for later
- Place the pouch in ice water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- To regenerate from cold, heat the water bath to 60°C and place the pouches in the bath for 30 minutes. Repeat the final steps of the recipe (6-8) by cooking the mixed vegetable stir fry in a hot pan and the noodles according to their packet instructions. Sear the chicken in a pan to add a golden colour.