Tender and juicy steak, cooked to perfection in a sous vide water bath. Once you cook steak sous vide – you’ll never want it any other way again!
For the perfect Saturday night in, pair your succulent sous vide steak with some chunky chips and tangy barbeque sauce, served with fresh salad during the summer months or even some seasonal veggies and mash for a midweek meal.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Beef
- 2 x 200g sirloin, rump or fillet steaks
- Black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Set water bath to 60˚C.
- Place each steak into a vacuum pouch. Vacuum the bags using either the table top vacuum sealer or the handheld pump.
- Place the pouches into the water bath for 45 minutes. (This will leave you with a medium finish. If you prefer a ‘well done’ steak, then we recommend you set the bath to 70˚C for 45 minutes.)
- Using the immersion grid will ensure the pouches are fully submerged under water during the cooking process.
- If serving immediately, when the steak is cooked, remove from the pouch and place into a hot griddle pan to add colour to the meat. However, be careful not to continue the cooking process.
- Add the black pepper and salt to season.
Chill & save for later
- Place the pouch in an ice water bath to bring down to below 3˚C in under 90 minutes. Keep refrigerated for up to two days.
- To regenerate from cold, heat the water bath to 55˚C and place the pouches in the bath for 25 minutes (still in the vacuum pouch.) Repeat the final steps of the recipe by finishing in a pan to brown the edges of the steak. Add the black pepper and salt to season.