In one of our favourite recipes, the light smoky flavour and subtle taste of the sticky honey glaze complement the melt-in-your-mouth texture of the salmon. Paired with fresh, stir-fried vegetables, salmon stir fry is a quick and tasty dish to whip up after a long day at work!
Fish dishes are quick and simple to cook sous vide, and you can serve yourself restaurant quality food in the same time it would take you to grill or pan cook.
- Prep Time: 5m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 25m
- Serves: 2
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- 2 x 80g smoked salmon fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 150 grams stir fry vegetables
- Light soy sauce
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 48˚C.
- Put one piece of salmon into each individual pouch with two tablespoons of honey. Vacuum the pouches using either the handheld pump or tabletop vacuum sealer.
- Place the salmon into the sous vide water bath for 20 minutes.
- Use the immersion grid to ensure that the fish stays submerged under the water.
- Whilst the fish is cooking, cook the vegetables according to your liking.
- Once the salmon is cooked, place on top of the vegetables and pour a dash of light soy sauce over the top.
- Season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper and serve!