There are a lot of different recipes you can follow when cooking duck. For instance, there’s crispy aromatic duck, peking duck, confit duck and that’s just naming a few. Our recipe is the simple duck breast it’s deliciously pink on the inside and perfectly crispy skin on top!
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h 45m
- Total Time: 2h
- Serves: 2
- 2 duck breasts (220g)
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Clifton at Home sous vide water bath to 54°C
- Vacuum seal the duck breasts into a large food pouch (making sure the breasts do not overlap) and place into the water bath when it is up to temperature. Ensure to use the immersion grid so that the bag stays fully immersed under the water
- Leave to cook for 1 hour and 45 minutes. In the meantime you can cook and prepare the rest of your meal
- Just before the duck is due to come out of the sous vide machine place the butter into a frying pan and warm up on a medium heat
- Take the duck breasts out of the water bath and the sous vide bag and place into the frying pan, skin down. Leave to crisp up, this may take a couple of minutes; however don’t leave it for too long or you’ll start the cooking process again. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once crispy, serve with your favourite side dishes; have you tried our sous vide roast or mashed potatoes?