This Oriental recipe is delicate and smooth with rich and intense flavours. It is perfect for dinner parties as it is a quick dish which tastes divine! Pair with vegetable rice or Chinese vegetables, like stir fried pak choi, to complete the dish.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 15m
- Total Time: 25m
- Category: Fish & Seafood
- 4 x 80g cod fillets (skinless and boneless)
- 10 grams spring onion, cut into discs
- 4 matchstick size slices of ginger
- 60 millilitres light soy sauce
- 40 millilitres groundnut oil
- Salad leaves to garnish
- Set the Clifton at Home sous vide machine to 56˚C.
- Brush the cod fillets with the light soy sauce.
- Place each piece of fish into individual pouches.
- Vacuum seal the pouches gently - so the fish is not squashed - and place into the water bath for 15 minutes.
- Heat up the groundnut oil in a pan; take care when heating as it needs to be smoking hot.
- Place each piece of cod in a deep dish and pour the additional light soy sauce over the top, to taste.
- Decorate the fish with the ginger and spring onion.
- Gently spoon over the hot groundnut oil to sear the ginger and spring onion, to release the aromas and flavours.