Packed with warming ginger, spicy chillies and succulent chicken fillets, this dish is a perfect comfort meal for dark winter nights. Serve on a bed of fresh egg noodles or fluffy steamed rice for a delicious and simple home cooked meal.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 4
- Category: Chicken
- 4 x 200g free range chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 tablespoons light soy sauce
- Matchstick size ginger strips, approx 5 piece for each pouch
- 2 spring onions (cut on an angle, approx 2cm long)
- 1/2 green chilli cut into rings, seeds removed
- 1/2 red chilli cut into rings, seeds removed
- 16 chunks of pineapple (2cm x 2cm approx)
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 4 star anise
- Fresh coriander to taste
- Set water bath to 65°C.
- Place the chicken breasts into the individual pouches with 2 tbsp. of light soy sauce and 1 tbsp. of honey in each.
- Divide the pineapple, chilli, coriander seeds, star anise, sesame seeds and ginger amongst the four pouches evenly. Set aside the spring onion.
- Vacuum the pouches. Be careful not to draw liquid into the bag when using the hand held vacuum pump. Place the pouches into the water bath for 40 minutes.
- Be careful that the bags do not over lap one another when they are in the water. Using the Clifton at Home water bath and immersion grid will ensure the pouches are fully submerged.
- Once the chicken is cooked, if serving immediately, heat a pan to medium heat, open the pouches and brown the chicken until golden, however, be careful not to continue the cooking process.
- Throw in the raw spring onion, along with the remaining contents of the bag, including the sauce. Then add more honey and soy sauce at this stage, if preferred.
- When ready to serve, dress the dish with fresh coriander.
Chill & save for later
- Place the pouch in ice water until cold and keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
- To regenerate from cold, heat the water bath to 60˚C and place the pouches in the bath for 30 minutes. Repeat the final steps of the recipe by finishing in a pan to brown the edges of the chicken breast. Then add the remaining contents of the bag, spring onion and dress with fresh coriander before serving.