Chicken, cream, mushrooms and pasta – how could anybody not love this dish?! We’re going all out with this Italian dish.
- Prep Time: 10m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 50m
- Serves: 2 People
- Category: Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts (skin on)
- 2 handfuls button mushrooms (quartered)
- 1/2 large white onion (diced
- 1 pint double cream
- 2 mushroom or chicken stock cubes
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 300 grams fresh tagliatelle
- Set the water bath to 65˚C.
- Vacuum seal the chicken in two separate vacuum bags and place in the water bath once it is up to temperature. Set the timer for 40 minutes.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, put the stock cubes into a frying pan with a splash of water and allow to melt.
- Cook the mushrooms, onion and the garlic for five minutes. Once cooked take off the heat.
- Boil some water in a saucepan and cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Pour the cream into the frying pan with the mushrooms and onion and place back on the hob on a low heat so that the cream does not curdle. Once the pasta is cooked, drain and add to the cream mixture.
- Using another frying pan, add the knob of butter and heat up on a medium setting.
- Remove the chicken from the bath and open the pouches.
- When the butter has melted, add the chicken breast to the pan and crisp the skin for a couple of minutes being careful not to continue the cooking process.
- Divide the pasta between two bowls.
- Slice the chicken and place over the top of the pasta.
- Sprinkle with a dash of salt and pepper to taste.