Not just for children, these bite sized pieces of heaven have a soft and juicy centre with a crisp golden brown coating of herb infused batter. To re-live your childhood fast-food cravings, why not cook up some chunky chips to go with your nuggets, for a Friday night in front of the telly!
- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 1h
- Serves: 4
- Category: Chicken
- 4 x free range chicken breasts (cut into ‘bite sized’ pieces)
- 300 millilitres milk
- 100 grams plain flour
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of mixed herbs
- 1 litre vegetable oil (for cooking)
- Set the water bath to 65˚C.
- Place the chicken pieces into the pouch, making sure they lie flat and don't overlap. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you may need to use 3 or 4 pouches.
- Vacuum each pouch and place in the water bath for 40 minutes.
- Using the Clifton at Home immersion grid will ensure that the chicken is fully submerged under the water.
- If serving immediately, whisk the flour, egg and milk together to create the batter. Add in the mixed herbs, salt and pepper to add flavour.
- Heat up the vegetable oil in a wok.
- Once the chicken breasts are cooked, take them out of the sous vide machine and place each piece into the batter, to coat fully with the mixture.
- Before placing the chicken into the wok, let the excess batter drain off the meat.
- Cook the chicken pieces in the hot vegetable oil.
- Once the batter is golden brown remove from the wok and place in a sieve to let the excess oil drain off.
- Serve with a light salad or some homemade cheeky chunky chips for an all round Friday night favourite!