Want a naughty but nice midweek meal for the family? Then this American-style breakfast just might be for you! With delicious sausages and bacon, mixed with healthy veggies and protein filled eggs – this meal is great for fussy mouths and the perfect restoration after a night on the town!
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 1h 10m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Egg
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Whole broccoli (chopped into florets)
- 6 Sausages
- 1 White onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 Peppers (diced)
- 8 Bacon slices (chopped)
- 8 Baby carrots (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 Cheese handfuls (Mozzarella works well)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set the water bath to 65˚C.
- Place all 8 eggs (in their shells, not vacuumed) into the Clifton sous vide machine. Leave them to cook for 45 minutes.
- 25 minutes before the eggs are due to come out of the bath, grill the sausages and the bacon. Once cooked, chop up into small pieces. Whilst they are cooking, boil or steam the broccoli florets and the carrots to your liking.
- Sauté diced peppers and sliced onions in a pan, using a dash of olive oil or butter.
- Add the bacon, sausages, carrots and broccoli to the pan and mix together all of the ingredients, and then divide into four portions, placing the food in dishes.
- Once the eggs are cooked, take out of the water bath and crack two poached eggs on top of each dish.
- Sprinkle with some grated cheese and season with some salt and pepper to taste, then serve!